Sunday, January 27, 2013

7 Favorite Beauty Products Of January

Hello everyone!
So as this beautiful month is coming to an end I decided to share with you guys my favorite beauty products of this month! 

 1.) Neutrogena Triple Moisture: Deep Recovery Hair Mask


This deep conditioner is AMAZING!! Every time I use this is leaves my hair amazingly smooth, and shiny, and overall healthy! 
All you have to do is after you shampoo your hair just get a small portion on your hair and apply to your hair instead of your conditioner, you leave it on or about 5-7 minutes you take it off! Honestly you can just feel the softness in your hair! It's amazing & I can honestly tell a big difference on my split ends, bc since I'm trying to let my hair grow out my split ends were out of control but after using this I can see a difference on them. NOW I must say that this product is quite strong so if your hair is pretty damaged or colored or whatever then use it once a week or if you feel that you might need it more than that then maybe twice, but if you just want some extra shine and your hair is not quite that damaged then I strongly recommend only using it maybe either once every week and a half or even two weeks!
 I got this product at Nordstrom Rack and it was only around $5.99, but I found this website where you  can get it, but if that doesn't work for you let me know and I can see where else you can get it. 

 2.) Tigi S-Factor Smoothing Lusterizer: Defrizzer & Tamer


This product is another one that I strongly recommend if you have problems with your hair being crazy frizzy and staticy. This product have just honestly blown me away! I was reading one of Zoe Sugg's (or Zoella) older blog post and she said that she loved this product and I am a big fan of her hair so I decided to get it online and I am highly pleased with it. Again, since I'm trying to grow my hair out I haven't been cutting it, so my split ends were getting out of control and this has also helped me soooo much! AND it also has like a small amount of glitter to it, so you might notice it on your hands when you put it on, but you can't really see it on your hair THAT much, but when your in the sunlight or when you take a picture your hair will just have this unbelievable shine to it, I can guarantee that anyone that tries this will love it.
All you do is after you shower with your normal hair routine you can apply it to damp hair, not a big portion though because you don't want to have too much product in your hair and then it get greasy faster, but just put it all over your hair. I recommend that your main focus be the ends, and after that style as usual and then you're set! You will actually see an instant change when it dries, AND you can even apply it to dry hair if you feel that you didn't get enough or you want some extra shine!
I got it on this website called: Feel Unique, and when I got it was about $15 because it was the holiday season and now it's $24.59, which to be honest for the quality of the product that you're getting is not bad at all!


3.) Paul Mitchell Awapuhl Wild Ginger Texturizing Sea Spray


I had been looking for a sea salt spray for the longest time, since a year and a half ago and I was just not having any luck. I looked on pinterest and I saw how to make it and I made it and it not great. I mean it didn't give my hair much texture, you had to buy a some ingredients, it didn't have much holdage & since one of the ingredients was coconut oil after like 2 weeks of me not using it all the coconut oil went to the top and just hardened there, so I ended up having to throw the almost full product that I had just made. So after that little incident I was like "no, now I'm gonna buy one" because I didn't wanna have to do my hair for school since my first class starts at 8a.m., yet I wanted my hair to look good and not like an untamed lion...So I went online..again (yes, I'm kinda addicted to online shopping)& I ran upon this product. I did my research &most of the reviews were real positive, so I decided to give it a go. Right after I got it I used it on my hair& OH LORDY it smells absolutely AMAZING! It has this gingery yet clean smell that is just mesmerizing. It's not strong enough to where you literally are choking on it for like an hour, but it's strong enough for you to smell it and to get compliments for the smell. It also makes your hair looks so natural and beachy, and not like one big dread or like you just got out of bed, it just looks like natural waves that have control and volume as well. Products like these are hard to find!
I usually put it on my hair when I have semi towel dried it, and then a tad more when it's either almost dry or completely dry. You can also put some hair spray in your hair for extra holdage if you want, but it's not necessary!
I got this on Amazon.com for about $16 plus shipping and handling, but I'm looking now and it seems to be now more than that but I had to look to find the cheapest price so if you browse online & look for a cheaper price I'm sure you'll find it.

4.) Mac Lipstick: Red


I'm sure you all know about Mac and how look their lipsticks are and hey I do too! Yet I never purchased them because they're not the cheapest ones out there to be honest, so I would always be like "okay when I have money" or "well when I get paid" until finally I was like "alright Andrea, Christmas is coming up, and red is THE color of the season and you're gonna see all of you're friends that are coming back from their Universities...soooo I bought it. One night when all of my friends and I were going downtown I decided to use it, and ever since them I have just been absolutely in love with it. It is one of, if not the, best ones I have! It is creamy enough to where your lips are moisturized and aren't all dry and chapped, but not too creamy where it gets all messy and it looks like you just came back from a crazy night of clubbing. lol. 


It also has the perfect amount of pigmentation and it is just the perfect red for anyone. 
It's perfect for the holidays, a night out, a party, a date, or any event! I sometimes wear it during the day when I just feel like dressing up and looking pretty!
I got it for $15 and again it's not cheap, it's actually a tad expensive but if you're willing to invest on a good lipstick that will last all day or night and will give your lips the color that you want and are expecting then I would say GO FOR IT! You won't regret it :)

5.) Benefit They're Real Mascara


I know I've been saying this for all of them but this mascara is one of the best ones I've ever used. I is incredible! It is absolutely clump free, it gives your eye lashes volume and definition, it gives them length, literally all you look for in a mascara!


Now I usually don't like to use the flash on my camera, but for this purpose I did. I just really want you guys to see the bristles on the mascara wand, they are so precise that they get literally every eyelash on your eye! I have long eye lashes but I seriously only have like 5..so trust me when I say this gave me so much volume on them!
I got the little sample size to try it out at Sephora and it was like $6 or $8, and the real one is about $23, so if you want to try it out first to see if you like it get the sample one cause it's cheaper and it actually lasts a long time, don't let the size fool you!
So you can go to any Sephora store or Ulta to get it, but here are the links

6.) Gold Bond Ultimate Skin Therapy Cream: Healing With Aloe


This hand lotion is so good! I bought this like at the beginning of the month and my hands have been feeling so soft lately! This lotion is one of the best ones I've tried, it hydrates you're skin, it's not greasy AT ALL, it dries almost instantly, it smells just sooooo fresh, it feels so different than any other lotion I've ever used. It as if it like satin on your hands, sooooo un greasy! It contains aloe vera, Vitamon A, C and E and it has 7 intensive moisturizers. I only use this on my hands and they aren't super dry at all, so even though it says here that it's intense and it has 7 moisturizers and all of that, don't get frightened because I have been using it almost every day and it just gives you the right amount of moisture.
Now on one of the reviews it says that it stings at first? but honestly I don't see how, because yes it has alcohol but it's not one of the main ingredients, so I mean as long as you don't put it on a fresh cut or wound I think you'll be okay haha
I got this at Walgreens for like $6, but I got the small travel size, which I think is great because I can seriously take this everywhere I go, and I do! So every time I need it I can just whip it out of my purse! I'll post the link for the bigger one as well, which is $8, because you might not be like me and maybe you want to leave it at home. (and now that I look at how much the bigger one is I would get the bigger one too! haha)

And Last But Certainly Not Least.....

7.) Miss Dior Eau De Parfum


This perfume is absolutely brilliant! I actually asked it for christmas because I had gotten a sample for it and I just loved the smell of it! It smells like no other perfume I have ever smelt. Every time I wear it a guy always compliments my smell, and who doesn't want that ehhh ladies?
All you need is one spray, just put it on your wrists and then from there dab it where ever you want! I say this because I'm use to spray myself a couple of times, like I spray my wrists, then my neck, sometimes my hair, and then I spray it in the air and walk by it so when I first got this one I did that and by the third spray I was choking haha so just be careful!
This one is actually quite pricey, but like I said my parents got it for me for christmas, so if you don't wanna spend that much money on it then hey that's totally fine, ask for it for christmas, or for your birthday, or ask your boyfriend, OR you can always just get a little sample bottle like I did :) haha
Now there is another one that came out called Miss Dior Le Perfum which looks just like this one so be careful! Personally I think the other one is for like my mom, maybe that's just me, but I found that this one is a more youthful scent (if that makes any sense), but hey if you like the other one go for it!!



Well, these were my Favorite January Products! What were yours?! :)

Please leave comments below telling me yours, because I would love to know! I'm very curious...hehe

Ps- I know this was a bit lengthy, but I really wanted to be descriptive with these products, and I wanted to give you guys my experience with them and also give you guys information that I thought might help so that you're not misled by anything and maybe save you guys some time doing some extra research on these products!

Hope you guys liked this, and come back for more :)

Andrea R.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review on the sea salt spray! We have the whole range of Paul Mitchell goodies at the spa I work at and I've been contemplating whether or not to give this product a bash!

    Just bought the Super Skinny Serum and Hot Off The Press Heat Protection Spray (both of which smell divine!) so this product will have to wait until next month I'm afraid!

    You made up my mind though :)

    Nice blog!

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad I was able to help :) haha but oh well i'll have to check those out too!!

      Delete
  2. Love the defrizzer review, I might have to give that a go as my hair can be a bit of a pain in the bum sometimes!

    You're blog looks great so far, keep it up!!

    xx Bridget

    www.bridgerydoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seriously works so good! I feel your pain cause my hair is crazyyyyy!!! Get it and tell me what you think :)

      Delete
  3. I've been looking for a salt spray for ages, so thanks for the review!

    http://smiffystumbles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Treated myself to a new M.A.C Lipstick the other day :) I got impassioned! Its gorgeous! Check it out.

    Keep an eye on my blog. Gonna do a blog post soon I think :) I followed you by the way x

    x
    http://beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good right! so pigmented and perfect!!
      and im following you as well :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you, and why yes :) I commented on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here And Leave Your Blog Address...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...